I have a word for 2017. It’s HEALING. And I want to do something exciting on this blog. I want to use the word HEALING as my theme for my content throughout 2017, because there are SO many aspects of healing I want to cover.
So what will this look like? I’m glad you asked. Every month, I will be writing posts, making videos or podcasts, and interviewing guests on a variety of healing-related topics. I’ll also be including guided prayer/meditations and basic yoga practices, as well as some art therapy projects. Basically, a whole lot of really cool stuff!
If you sign up for my Grief & Healing newsletter, I will always be providing exclusive monthly content where I will specifically tackle the health topic when it comes to grief. So that content will not be shared anywhere else except in my newsletter—so subscribe today if you haven’t!
2017 Blog Schedule: A Year of Healing
February – Relational Healing
Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I’m going to wrestle with the topic of relational issues. This could be romantic relationships, or friendships, or family, etc. But what does healing look like in the context of relationships? What are signs of relational abuse, and what does it mean to truly give and receive love in a healthy manner?
- February: An Introduction to the Relational Healing Month (& The Year-Long Series)
- God’s Love: A Contemplative Prayer Meditation for Relational Healing
- Digging Deeper into Relational Wounds & Trauma
- Giving & Receiving Love: The Path Towards Healing
- Relational Healing: What Are Healthy Boundaries? + Toxic People & Boundaries
- Podcast: Signs of Emotional Abuse & Healing from Abusive Relationships
- Art Therapy: The Redemptive Tree – Relational Healing from Family/Childhood Roots
March – Mental Healing
Depression, suicide, despair…these are words we’re all kind of scared to talk about; mental health is still such a controversial topic—a topic still so full of shame. It doesn’t have to be, and there are so many ways to tackle this subject, especially when you’ve had really hard things happen in your life. I personally have dealt with depression and know firsthand the struggles one can face. We’re gonna think about practical ways to take care of our minds. Yeah, it’s a thing.
- you are here (a poem about depression and anxiety)
- Lessons About Depression (My Personal Story)
- God is My Rock – A Meditation for Depression, Anxiety, & Stress
- Podcast – Advice on Mental Health (from a Professional) + Art Therapy
April – June
Took a hiatus due to *crazy* schedule as I finished up my yoga certification program. Way too intense to be doing so much blogging, and I had to step away!
September – Bodily/Sexual Healing
As someone who has struggled with Lyme Disease for 10 years now, I am passionate about physical health and what it means to love and take care of one’s body—even in the midst of hardship. In fact, physical symptoms in the body often point to other issues we’re having inside ourselves. What does it mean to fully embrace one’s body, to love it, and to take care of it?
- Body – A Poem on Body Image/Self Image
- Hating My Body: A Story on Body Image, Chronic Illness, and Self Acceptance (Part 1)
- Hating My Body: A Poem + Story on Body Image, Chronic Illness, and Self Acceptance (Part 2)
October – Spiritual Healing
Okay, this topic maybe sounds weird to some of you, but spiritual health is actually something that truly needs to be wrestled with. I had a friend die in a cult, so this is a particular subject I really want to include. So what does spiritual health look like? Because not every church, pastor, or spiritual group is a good thing…and we need to be wrestling through these issues if we want spiritual vitality.
- Mourning 5 Years: Acknowledging the Spiritual Trauma of My Dear Friend’s Death in A Cult
- Walk the Straight-N-Narrow: A Poem + Stories about Spiritual Abuse of Spiritual Authority
- Resource: A Podcast on Spiritual Trauma by The Liturgists
- 7 Books That Deal with Spiritual Abuse/Trauma, Doubt, Questions, and Healing
- Podcast: The Story of Surviving a Cult – Recognizing Spiritual Abuse & Healing
November & December – Creative & Emotional Healing
I want to provide various ways that anyone (not just amazing artists) can use creativity as an outlet for healing. Because these dang emotions are vital to healing. I’m a feeler, so I’ve always been comfortable with emotions, but I’ve come to realize that a lot of people have no idea how to access or tap into their true emotional center—which is crucial to mental, physical, and spiritual health. Health is not just about an individual, but how we interact with others and treat our world. If you haven’t learned to truly think through yourself and how to find healing—how will you ever truly care about your community, the world? We will think through issues like social justice and the environment.
- Writing & Healing: 4 Years After “15 Things I Wish I’d Known About Grief”
- Radio Interview/Podcast: My Story of Healing Aspects of Photography + Success in Freelance
- Article: How Creative Expression Can Help You Heal After Trauma and Loss
If anyone has specific questions, or if anyone feels like they might have something to share during any of these months, contact me! I will be curating content for this, and I really want to share other people’s input, too.
So yay! Thanks for reading, and I’m looking forward to 2017!